Connect With Us

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Pinterest
Email us UglyPaxtonSisters (at) gmail.com

Monday, November 30, 2015

A Weekend of Sister Racing and BOOM! Teresa, I Met the 2 Blog Challenge

This past weekend I had the pleasure of racing with my older sister twice! Two completely different races, a turkey trot road 5k and a crazy party trail half marathon.  I really enjoy racing with Teresa because she has a pure joy in what she does.  Every time I see her come to the finish, she always has a smile on her face.  Ive been finding my joy again in running and its so easy with Teresa because of her positive attitude.

When Mark and I first started running, we didnt know any other runners.  Slowly over time weve made running friends and started knowing others at races.  Run junkees know and understand the weird rituals we have, the fomo we experience, our inability to think about anything else.  Im lucky I share this with my husband, my best friend, and my big sister.

Like all sisters,  weve had good and bad times, times where we are closer, and times where we just dont get each other.  Running has brought Teresa and I together in a different way. It means so much that she understands me when so few do.  When I finish a race I always text her, well, we usually text each other because she is probably racing too.  This connection I just cant describe.

So, this has kind of been a rambling post, but it was important to me to finish the 2 post challenge, so I thought I would dedicate it to the one who challenged me.

Sweet Cindy Lou Whoo,  better watch out, that means there will be a post to you in the future.

Love to the uglies!

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet Laura. I love running with you too. You inspire me to do more than I think I can. I hope we get to run together more in 2016 (hint hint Vegas).

    ReplyDelete