Connect With Us

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Pinterest
Email us UglyPaxtonSisters (at) gmail.com

Thursday, November 5, 2015

You've Got To Fight For Your Right.... Or Do You?

I had a really great day today.  Really, one of the best days I've had in months.  I feel at peace now regarding a decision that had been hanging over my head for a long time.

Submitted for your consideration: 1 Corinthians 6:7 (GNT)
The very fact that you have legal disputes among yourselves shows that you have failed completely. Would it not be better for you to be wronged? Would it not be better for you to be robbed?
If you read the whole chapter, you see that Paul is talking about disputes between believers.  Brothers and sisters in Christ should be able to settle issues fairly between themselves, and if they can't, it's best just to go ahead and be wronged or treated unfairly than to pursue the issue.

I had this confirmed for me today both in other Bible passages and advice from people I trust.  God tells us many times in the Bible to treat others fairly.  He even specifically mentions not cheating widows out of their property.  But I cannot think of a single passage where God tells us to stick up for ourselves; to fight to be treated in the way we perceive to be fair.  Instead we are to turn the other cheek, and if someone takes our coat we are supposed to give them our shirt too.

I don't have to fight for my rights.  God has and will provide for me, and for Josh, Nick, and Kim.  And I've already been given so much more than I deserve when Christ died for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment