Connect With Us

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Pinterest
Email us UglyPaxtonSisters (at) gmail.com

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Blog Survey! Sisterhood of the World Blogging Award

I know I missed blogging a couple of days.  So much for my #NaNoWriMo pledge.  Some days you just really wouldn't like the words that would come out of me, so I keep those between me & God.  But I'm back today, with a fun blog survey I saw on Julie Wunder's blog Running In a Skirt.  


1. How has blogging impacted you and your life?

I think it's started some conversations I might never have had.  Friends I know casually will remark on something I've written, and next thing you know we are really connecting.

I've also gotten to do some races free, so that's pretty cool too.  


2. What's the favorite post you've written?

This is actually a really recent one: You've Got To Fight For Your Right.... Or Do You?  That post is about a huge turning point for me in this unwanted journey I'm on.  I'm pretty sure I could recite it from memory.


3. How do you find time to juggle it all, blogging, working, having a social life?

I blog at work on my lunch hour sometimes.  And what social life?  My social life pretty much revolves around running.


4. What is something special you do to treat yourself?

Having my hair cut every four weeks at the salon.  My inner cheapskate wants to tell me $13 at Great Clips is plenty, but Shelby is so talented and especially with my really thick hair and a super-short cut like this, it is worth it to me to pay for a really good haircut.

Indy-area ladies, if you are looking for a great hair stylist, check out Domu Salon and ask for Shelby. 


5. Do you take spontaneous trips, or are you more of a planner?

I'm a little of both.  I like to be spontaneous and don't really stick to a schedule, but I also like to have a basic idea of what I might want to do so that I don't waste time and miss something cool.


6. Where was your last trip to?

I went to Philadelphia for work back in August.


7. Where is your dream vacation destination?

Oh I want to go everywhere.  If I could only take one more trip and had to narrow it down, though, I would say the Pacific Northwest.  


8. Weirdest fact about you?

I taught myself to read when I was 2.


9. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give to your 18-year-old self?

Of course the first answer that pops into my head is to make Kevin go to the doctor.  Sigh.  Although I didn't meet Kevin until I was in my 30s, so that would make no sense to me at 18.  


10. Are you a light packer or a take-everything-just-in-case kind of gal?

Take everything just in case.  No question.  I do try to find things that do double-duty, but yeah, if you need it I've probably got it.

Thanks for reading, and now it's your turn!  Rules are I nominate some other bloggers.  Well of course I'm nominating Laura and Cindy.  They owe us some blog posts now anyway.  I'm also nominating:
Trena at 591 Miles
 LeeAnn at She's At It Again
 Keira at The Blonde and the Beardiful
 Darcy at Chunky Wonder Woman
And Tasha, who said she wants to get her blog going again 
And if you aren't a blogger, answer a question or questions in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment