Connect With Us

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Pinterest
Email us UglyPaxtonSisters (at) gmail.com

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Honey Stinger Energy Chews, aka Ready for my 1st Half

Since I liked the honey waffle so well last week, I decided to try another Honey Stinger product this week - the Fruit Smoothie Energy Chews.  I ran 8.9 miles yesterday, and I started snacking on these at about the halfway point.
  • Flavor - These were very good, with a strong fruity flavor and just the right amount of tartness.
  • Texture - These were so far the best of any chews I have tried.  They practically melted in my mouth.
  • Energy - I was feeling pretty good all along during this run and never felt my energy flag at all.  I ate 2 or 3 chews every couple miles from the halfway point on, and my energy level stayed pretty steady.
  • Packaging - I opened it with scissors before starting my run.  I think if I had forgotten to do that, I would've been out of luck.  After opening, the package fit in my belt pocket just right, and the chews were easy to get to while running.
Overall I give these chews an A.  I give myself an A as well.  I treated this last long run like a race day - laying out my outfit the night before, getting a good night's sleep, and getting up early for breakfast.  I felt good during the whole run, and ran the whole thing at a pretty steady pace.  I feel ready for my first half marathon next weekend.  Nervous, for sure, but ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment