Connect With Us

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Pinterest
Email us UglyPaxtonSisters (at) gmail.com

Monday, July 22, 2013

Velo4Yellow 2013

The Velo4Yellow 34 mile race that I completed on Saturday was my first big ride after my back injury last month.  I was very nervous as to whether I would be able to do it without hurting the entire time.  I was also nervous because my riding partner was told by her doctor that she couldn't do the ride, so I was going solo, not knowing anyone else that was participating.  The course was very challenging, quite a few hills, but my trainer has done great getting my legs strong for the hills!  My back did hurt on and off, but was never in a constant spasm like last month.  Around mile 20 I was a little nervous that it was going to start hurting worse, but the rest stop at mile 22 really helped.  And I feel I did very good with my hydration and fueling, as I was able to finish very strong.  I feel I could have ridden a little more, but I don't think my back is quite ready for another 64 attempt.  I wish I could find a 50 mile ride.  I will keep looking.
 I really appreciate all the prayers and thoughts...I could feel them on the ride!

1 comment:

  1. Super proud of you Cindy! It's so awesome that you still felt like you could keep going at the finish. I hope your friend will be able to ride with you again soon.

    ReplyDelete