- The flavor was really good - as refreshing as you would expect fruit punch to be.
- The texture was surprisingly good too. As this was my first experience with energy chews, I was prepared for something really chewy, like gummy candy. They were very easy to eat though - I put 2 in my mouth at once & had them down in just 4 or 5 chews.
- I can't really say if they improved my energy or not. I was feeling fine & had plenty of energy when I tried them, slightly past halfway on what turned out to be 9.3 - 9.5 miles (thought I was going 8, but my watch lost GPS signal for a while). I never did run out of energy & was still going strong at the end, so I will say they worked.
- My only complaint was the package. I opened it & put it in my pouch before I started running, but I still found them a little tough to get to. Next time I would take them out & put in a sandwich baggie or something a little easier.
- Bonus: You don't have to go to a fitness or sporting goods store to buy these - they are available in any grocery store.
Saturday, August 3, 2013
Gatorade Energy Chews
Today on my long run I tried Gatorade Energy Chews in Fruit Punch flavor. My thoughts: