If you know me in real life, you know that affordable housing is something I am passionate about. Everyone deserves a safe and affordable place to live. So this race and the cause it supports is very important to me. This will be my 4th year participating in it, and I always look forward to it.
- 2012: The race used to be in late June instead of March. I had just started run/walking using a Couch to 5K app. I signed up for this race knowing I would still be walking part of it, but I didn't know how much. Back then the race was 5 miles instead of 5K. Oops. So I ran 1.85 miles, and walked the rest.
- 2013: The race was still in June and was still 5 miles, although there was also a 2.5 mile option. At this point in my running, I was just beginning to train for my first half marathon. I had not run 5 miles yet but I'd come pretty close, and I was determined to run the entire race. June 2013 was also when we began this blog, so you can read my race recap and an update here: http://uglypaxtonsisters.blogspot.com/2013_06_01_archive.html. Note that in my recap I mention the homemade cookies in the SWAG bag? I'm hoping those make a comeback this year.
- 2014: The race moved to March and was changed to a 5K. Race day was miserably cold, raining at the start & changing over to snow. But don't let that deter you from signing up this year! Official results are here, and they show me 2nd in my age group. Maybe this year will be my first age group win?
|2012 my first finish line photo|
|2013 starting line|
|2013 post race selfie!|
- Race for Roofs 5K on March 28
- Brookside Bash Color Dash on May 16
- Arsenal 5K on September 19