- Run 451.25 miles. So far I've run 142.8, or 32%. Well ahead of 25%, so I may be on track to exceed this goal, barring any injuries or serious illnesses.
- Bike 345.80 miles. I haven't biked any yet, but I plan to get going on this next week when my sister Cindy is in town.
- Play 2 rounds of golf with Kevin. I haven't golfed any yet. I prefer to wait till it's in the 70's or even 80's. Kevin has been out several times already though.
- Swim at least once a week from Memorial Day thru Labor Day. Not there yet.
- Read the Bible through. I'm reading The Message version this year, and I am 25% through as of this morning.
- Read 26 books for the #Read26Indy challenge. I have read 7 books, or 27%, so right on track.
- Incorporate strength training into my fitness routine. Yep, I'm doing this & I'll blog more about it soon.
- Volunteer at 6 events. I have volunteered at one so far (a fund raiser for the Boner Center), and I have two more lined up so far - a Bourbon Street Running Club event this weekend, and the 500 Festival Parade in May.
- Collect 21 commemorative t-shirts. I'm way behind here, I only have 4 so far, which is 19%. I'll have to work harder.
- Run a 5K in under 30 minutes. Not yet, but I'm really going to work on my speed over the summer.
- Run 2 half marathons. I am registered for the Mini, and I have 3 others in mind.
- Celebrate Kimmy graduating high school, with honors! Friday June 6th!
- Take better pictures. I've taken a lot so far; I posted a few of my faves in this blog entry.
- Enjoy all the surprises! Winter, joining Team Blue Mile, new friends...
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Teresa's 1Q14 Review
I am one of those either annoying or inspiring (depending on your point of view) people who keep their new year's resolutions & goals. One way that I do that is by periodically reviewing where I am & making adjustments if needed. Much like in business & accounting - you don't wait until the end of the year to see if you met or exceeded your budget & financial goals - you review things as you go. So, with that in mind, here is my 1st quarter review as compared to my original 14 goals for 2014: