Connect With Us

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Pinterest
Email us UglyPaxtonSisters (at) gmail.com

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Teresa's 1Q14 Review

I am one of those either annoying or inspiring (depending on your point of view) people who keep their new year's resolutions & goals.  One way that I do that is by periodically reviewing where I am & making adjustments if needed.  Much like in business & accounting - you don't wait until the end of the year to see if you met or exceeded your budget & financial goals - you review things as you go.  So, with that in mind, here is my 1st quarter review as compared to my original 14 goals for 2014:
  1. Run 451.25 miles.  So far I've run 142.8, or 32%.  Well ahead of 25%, so I may be on track to exceed this goal, barring any injuries or serious illnesses.
  2. Bike 345.80 miles.  I haven't biked any yet, but I plan to get going on this next week when my sister Cindy is in town.
  3. Play 2 rounds of golf with Kevin.  I haven't golfed any yet.  I prefer to wait till it's in the 70's or even 80's.  Kevin has been out several times already though.
  4.  Swim at least once a week from Memorial Day thru Labor Day.  Not there yet.
  5.  Read the Bible through.  I'm reading The Message version this year, and I am 25% through as of this morning.
  6.  Read 26 books for the #Read26Indy challenge.  I have read 7 books, or 27%, so right on track.
  7.  Incorporate strength training into my fitness routine.  Yep, I'm doing this & I'll blog more about it soon.
  8.  Volunteer at 6 events.  I have volunteered at one so far (a fund raiser for the Boner Center), and I have two more lined up so far - a Bourbon Street Running Club event this weekend, and the 500 Festival Parade in May.  
  9.  Collect 21 commemorative t-shirts.  I'm way behind here, I only have 4 so far, which is 19%. I'll have to work harder.
  10.  Run a 5K in under 30 minutes.  Not yet, but I'm really going to work on my speed over the summer.
  11.  Run 2 half marathons.  I am registered for the Mini, and I have 3 others in mind.
  12. Celebrate Kimmy graduating high school, with honors!  Friday June 6th!
  13.  Take better pictures.  I've taken a lot so far; I posted a few of my faves in this blog entry.
  14.  Enjoy all the surprises! Winter, joining Team Blue Mile, new friends...







No comments:

Post a Comment