Connect With Us

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Pinterest
Email us UglyPaxtonSisters (at) gmail.com

Monday, December 16, 2013

Winter Weather Wimp

As Fall progressed, I promised myself that I was not going to let Winter derail my running.  And here it is, December 16th, and I haven't run since November 30th.  And it's not even officially Winter yet!

I see other people out running after dark, and several of the other running blogs I follow have posted lately about running in the snow.  So I know it's possible, but I have not done it.  It does appear right now that this coming week will be warm enough to melt the snow, so hopefully I can get out there next Saturday.

In the meantime, I did get a nice walk in Saturday after the snow had stopped.  I put on my boots & walked around the neighborhood on the route I often run.  Walking through the snow was almost like walking on a sandy beach.  Not with warm ocean breezes, of course; but the leg motion of walking in the snow was much like the leg motion of walking in the sand.  So hopefully I got a good workout, and I snapped a few pics, too.

I'm going to try committing to a few events, because knowing I've signed up & spent money will make me get out there no matter the weather, at least for the event itself.  I'm also pondering group runs or a Mini training program by one of the local run clubs, as that commitment will force me outside, also.  What does anyone else do to stay active in the Winter?



No comments:

Post a Comment