Connect With Us

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Pinterest
Email us UglyPaxtonSisters (at) gmail.com

Monday, December 30, 2013

14 Things for 2014


Instead you should say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.”  (James 4:15)
So, if the Lord wills, in 2014 I would like to:
  1. Run 451.25 miles, or the distance from my house to my parents’ house.
  2. Bike 345.80 miles, or the distance from my house to my in-laws’ house & back.
  3. Play 2 rounds of golf with my handsome & patient husband.  (He’s a very good golfer, and I am not, but he’s very patient with me when we play.) 
  4.  Swim at least once a week from Memorial Day thru Labor Day, when our pool is open. 
  5.  Read the Bible through again; still deciding on a translation.  I read the Good News translation in 2012, & the NIV in 2013.  Anyone have a favorite they want to suggest for 2014? 
  6.  Read 26 books for the #Read26Indy challenge (okay, this one we already know I will ace – that’s not even a challenge for me). 
  7.  Incorporate strength training into my fitness routine at least 2 days per week.  Boring, I know, but when I was doing it while training for my half last fall I could tell it really made a difference.  This one is a real challenge for me, though.  I have to find a way to make it interesting enough to keep doing it. 
  8.  Volunteer at 6 events.  I’m not sure yet what they will be, but if Kevin & I don’t have any other plans for race weekend then the 500 Festival Parade will be one of them. 
  9.  Collect 21 commemorative t-shirts.  I <3 commemorative t-shirts! 
  10.  Run a 5K in under 30 minutes.  My PR is 34 and change now, so I’ll have to shave off almost 5 minutes. 
  11.  Run 2 half marathons.  One will be a repeat of the Hendricks County Half Marathon in September, where I hope to beat my 2013 time but I’m not sure by how much just yet.  Another will be earlier in the year. 
  12. Celebrate Kimmy graduating high school, with honors!  So this fall we’ll have 3 kids in college, & we’ll be in the poor house. 
  13.  Take better pictures.  I took a lot of pictures in 2013, all with my iPhone or iPad.  I love playing with the photography apps and filters.  For 2014 I am going to dig out my real camera and replace any missing cords or accessories, and try to get better pictures. 
  14.  Enjoy all the surprises!  So many of the great things of 2013 were surprises, or last minute plans.  I feel sure that will be the case with 2014 as well.  When you leave yourself open to what God has planned, He always has plenty of wonderful surprises for you!

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to property you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment