Connect With Us

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Pinterest
Email us UglyPaxtonSisters (at) gmail.com

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Huma Chia Energy Gels....and Stuff

Huma Chia Energy Gel

Normally I prefer chews over gels for fueling on long runs, but recently I tried a Huma Chia Energy Gel, and it just might convert me to a gel gal.  Laura & Mark really like these, and Laura gave me a Blueberries gel to try last time I saw her.  She said the Chia seeds help you stay hydrated, and the flavor of all the gels is incredibly delicious.  As usual, she is right.

  • Flavor - It tasted like blueberry pie filling, not overly sweet or tart, just perfect.
  • Texture - This had the best texture of any gel I've tried.  Maybe it was the chia seeds giving it a more substantial feel, but it really made me feel like I'd eaten something, even while it still went down very smoothly.
  • Energy - I took this gel at the halfway point of my 8 mile run last week.  I did feel my energy pick up, and I stayed steady through the end of my run.
  • Packaging - The package opened easily when I was ready to eat it.  I tried to squeeze every single bit of gel out of the package & into my mouth, but I still left a little behind that stained my bag just a smidge (there was no trash can nearby).  
I give this gel an A+, and I can't wait to try the other flavors (Mangoes, Apples & Cinnamon, and Strawberries).

Santa Hustle Discount Code

If you are planning to run the Santa Hustle Half Marathon or 5K in Indianapolis on December 21, register with code TERHAZELIN to save $5 off the regular price.

New Blog Design

Let us know what you think of the new look for our blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment