Connect With Us

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Pinterest
Email us UglyPaxtonSisters (at) gmail.com

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Yeti or Not? NOT!

Just a quick update on how my training is going, plus reminders on a couple of fun races I hope to see ALL my Indy friends at.

The Carmel Marathon is 46 days away, and I'm starting to question both my sanity and my preparedness.  Oddly enough, though, most of these questions come when I'm doing something else and the thoughts just pop in my head.  When I'm actually out running, I feel just fine.  I haven't been running as much as I had planned to by this point, but I'm still doing a lot of strength training and hitting the elliptical when I can't get out and run.  And every time I do run, I feel pretty great.

Foot Rx Yeti or Not
And speaking of running, I went to WNC this weekend for an early birthday celebration for Laura.  We were hoping to run the Yeti or Not? 25K trail race together, but sadly the race had to be postponed due to the weather.  I understand why they postponed it, but I'm still disappointed.  It is ironic, though, that a race named for the Abominable Snowman was snowed out.  I was looking forward to seeing how I could do on the mountain trails, and I was really looking forward to doing a fun race with Laura, Mark, and Alice.  Plus the logo is super-cute, so I wanted that shirt and socks.

Since the race was not happening, I just went for a run from our parents' house into town, running all around town looping over several different routes so I wouldn't get bored.  Once I'd been running for 90 minutes, I turned around and retraced my route backwards.  I ended up doing 14.8 miles, with the return trip taking just a little longer since I had to run back UP Smathers Hill to get back to their house.  My legs were still really sore from taking Kendra's Group Active class at Urban Athletic the day before, so I feel good about being able to run that long and tackle a few hills on tired legs. 
Funfetti Cake Batter Dip

Laura wanted a stir-fry for her birthday dinner, so Momma and Daddy cooked that up deliciously.  In lieu of a birthday cake, we had Funfetti Cake Batter Dip with various cookies (and by the spoonful).  So easy to make, and so delicious!  The picture does not do it justice.  We were disappointed Cindy didn't make it for the celebration, but we definitely had no problem eating her share of dip.

Coming up for Indy-area runners:

  • Shamrock 5K Beer Run: a fun 5K with a local brewery beer sample every km, a full pint at the end, plus shirt, medal, and pint glass.  You can get all this SWAG for HALF PRICE if you register using discount code SUPPORTBONER.  And since the John H. Boner Community Center will receive $5 for every use of the code, please spread the word?  Online registration ends March 7, so you still have a few days to get in on the fun.
  • Englewood's Race for Roofs 5K: one of my favorite races every year.  Proceeds go to provide rental scholarships to residents of the Near Eastside of Indianapolis.  Plus I have it on good authority there will either be homemade cookies or homemade granola bars in the SWAG bags!
Disclaimer: I am receiving a free entry to the Race for Roofs in exchange for promoting it.  All opinions, however, are totally mine.  I really do love this race!




No comments:

Post a Comment