- Run 451.25 miles. So far I've run 342.4 miles, or 76% of my goal. Perhaps I should've aimed a bit farther?
- Bike 345.80 miles. Only 51.5 miles so far, 15% of my goal. Time to get pedaling
- Play 2 rounds of golf with my handsome & patient husband. Kevin, are you reading this? When do you want to play?
- Swim at least once a week from Memorial Day thru Labor Day, when our pool is open. Polar Vortex anyone? I've only been swimming once, and it was pretty chilly. I really did enjoy swimming in last year's Month-Long Iron Man, so I need to get out there again once it warms back up.
- Read the Bible through again. I've kept up with the plan I chose on my Bible app, and was 50% through as of 6/30/14.
- Read 26 books for the #Read26Indy challenge. I haven't been updating my Goodreads account - I will do that this weekend - but there are 11 books listed in there that I've read this year, and I know there are at least 4 more at home that I've read but not added. So that puts me at 58% of my goal.
- Incorporate strength training into my fitness routine at least 2 days per week. Here's a surprise - I have been doing boot camp once a week & I love it! I look forward to Tuesdays, and I always feel great when I'm done. A large part of this the other ladies at boot camp - they make working out so much fun! I can definitely tell an improvement in my strength and endurance. And I've started adding circuit training to my Saturday morning runs as well.
- Volunteer at 6 events. I’ve done 5 so far, or 83% of my goal. One of them turned out to be really fun - my first Con! I volunteered at Indy Pop Con May 30-June 1. I ended up working registration the whole time, which was pretty cool. I got to see & talk to a lot of the people as they were coming in, & admire some pretty awesome cosplay. I also enjoyed meeting my fellow volunteers, many of whom attend and/or volunteer at a lot of Cons. I saw quite a few celebrities, including Kandyse McClure, Sylvester McCoy, Kevin Eastman, & Ron Glass. And I met & got an autograph from Kristian Nairn! Hodor!
- Collect 21 commemorative t-shirts. I have 13 so far this year, or 62%.
- Run a 5K in under 30 minutes. I have several 5K races this fall, so I'm going to really start working on this. I am sure I can do it - I just need to push myself more and not just run at a comfortable pace all the time.
- Run 2 half marathons. Complete. I ran the Mini in May, and the Indy Women's Half in June. I am currently trying to decide which fall half I will do as well.
- Kimmy graduated high school with honors June 6! We are all so proud of her, and now she's on her way to Butler!
- Take better pictures. I attended an Indy Geek Girls workshop on blog photography, and I definitely learned a few things. I am happy with a lot of my pictures this year, and I hope you all enjoy them too.
- Enjoy all the surprises! I already mentioned boot camp and Indy Pop Con - both unplanned but both highlights so far this year. The coolest thing though has been all the new friends I have made. In fact, I may end up calling 2014 the Year I Met My Tribe. Runners in general tend to be pretty welcoming & inclusive people, but I made some really good friends through the Team Blue Mile training for the Mini, the Indy Women's Half Training through Carmel RRG, another friend that I met through Every Move, and all the ladies at boot camp.
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Cons & Miles & Friends, Oh My! (Teresa's 2nd quarter review)
Half the year is done, so as we look forward to Christmas in July, it's also time to look at where I am in my goals for this year - celebrating accomplishments & adjusting plans if needed. As of June 30, here's where I am on the goals I posted at the beginning of 2014: