Connect With Us

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Pinterest
Email us UglyPaxtonSisters (at) gmail.com

Monday, October 12, 2020

Warm Bodies

 Last week's movie was Warm Bodies, a slightly different take on the zompoc.  This movie is told from the zombies' point of view.  Eight years post-apocalypse, most humans are living in walled cities,
occasionally venturing out to search for supplies  and resources.  There are actually two types of zombies in this movie. The first are Corpses - the more recently deceased who shamble around looking for living creatures to eat.  They can still think somewhat, although they don't remember much about their life, they do know they were once alive.  Though they mostly shamble and wander, when they see living creatures and feel that fierce hunger, they move much faster and attack with surprising strength.  The other kind of zombies are Boneys.  They've been dead much longer, and are basically animated skeletons.  They still eat the living, but they no longer have any connection to being human.  They're much faster and stronger than Corpses, and are dangerous to both humans and Corpses.

Teresa

Back to more normal activity for me.  I ran 24.08 miles this week, pedaled another 66.35 miles on my stationary bike, and did 95 burpees.  I also took a Yoga for Runners class that Steph did as her final project for her yoga teacher certification.  She's a fantastic teacher, and I got a lot out of the class.  I really should do yoga more often. As far as specific benefits to fighting off zombies, it helps with core strength, flexibility, and staying injury-free.  It definitely wouldn't do to pull a hamstring or have IT band issues while being chased by a pack of zoms.

Was I Last?  No!

Thursday was Run(317) Fountain Square, the final Run(317) event this year.  Even though I
stopped halfway through the race and had a White Claw at Sarah's open house, I still finished 452nd out of 568 runners.  The zombies would have a lot to eat before they ever caught up to me.
This is my 5th year being an Ambassador for Run(317).  I have always enjoyed promoting these races and helping out at the events.  No race expos to work this year, and two of the five races had to be virtual, but it was still a privilege to be part of this team and help to bring these safe and fun events to Indy.

Laura

Laura was too busy to give us an update this week - hopefully we'll catch up next week.
 

Cindy

I have been doing lots of flights of stairs this week.  The hotel that Scott and I are staying at now while dealing with our septic issues has lots of stairs, and we're on the 3rd floor.  I know that's not too high, but I've been intentionally walking the stairs a lot.  And at least half of the time I am carrying a 15-20 pound dog, whether going to the house with our Honey or just taking her out to the hotel yard.  She is blind, and although she can do a few stairs, I wouldn't let her try several flights multiple times a day.  I especially feel I wouldn't be eaten this week with Warm Bodies zombies helping keep the Boneys at bay and my legs getting stronger with the stairs.  I've seen quite a few people who don't seem to do much but step out on the balcony and stand around...so the Boneys and even Corpses would go for them!

This Week

We're going to watch Train to Busan, a South Korean zombie movie that I (Teresa and also Cindy) have never seen, but it's on every list of top zombie movies so I'm interested to check it out.  This week is also November Project Homecoming Week!  If you're in Indy, definitely come get fit and have fun with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment