Connect With Us

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Pinterest
Email us UglyPaxtonSisters (at) gmail.com

Monday, October 19, 2020

Train to Busan

Last week's movie was Train to Busan.  This is a 2016 movie from South Korea, and it is excellent! 
"Damn train!" - the zombies, probably
Intense and scary action, characters you care about, and real drama.  For me, Teresa, this was my first time watching it.  I'm not going to spoil it for anyone since it's still fairly recent; I'm just going to tell you to definitely go watch it.  And have some Kleenex nearby when you do.  It's free to stream if you have Amazon Prime.  If you have seen it, message me, because I really feel the need to talk to someone about it right now.

The zombies in this movie are very fast, and strong.  Infected people also turn super-quick, so one zombie becomes an entire train car full in almost no time.  In an interesting twist, they don't seem to be able to see in the dark, nor can they smell live humans.  So we don't have to be fast necessarily, we can sneak past them in the dark if we're very quiet.

Teresa

I ran 15.25 miles this week, and pedaled another 46.55 miles on my stationary bike.  Not a whole lot of mileage, but with November Project Homecoming going on, I was active every day.  In addition to our normal workouts, Nick led an intense boxing workout that left us all sore, and Steph led another yoga session that was very needed.  We also went fowling again, and I'm definitely getting better.  If I can't outrun the zoms, maybe I can take them out by throwing footballs at them!  And I probably wouldn't be able to outrun these zombies.  I can put on a short burst of speed when I see the finish line, but I can't sustain it long.  Speed work is about my least favorite thing to do, but since we don't know what form the zombie apocalypse will take, I should get back to it.  Pre-Covid I had been doing weekly speed work on Monday evenings with Badass Lady Gang, but our in-person workouts are still on hold.  It's too bad, because I was actually starting to see some improvement.  Group workouts are about the only way I'm going to do speed work.  On my own, I'll just keep logging miles at my comfortable pace.

Was I Last? Unknown

Julie & I ran/walked the Indy Pride Virtual Rainbow 5K on Saturday.  Since runners have until October 31 to complete the run and submit their times, results aren't published yet.  We didn't see any zombies on our run, fast or otherwise.  In fact, Brookside Park was almost deserted, even though it was a beautiful day.  

Laura

Laura & Mark ran the Quest for the Crest 10K on Sunday.  About 2,000 feet of climbing up Mount Mitchell and back down, all technical trails.  Mark was the 15th male finisher, with a time of 1:27:11, and Laura was 8th female, with a time of 1:38:20!  Excellent finish times!  They'd probably stand a good chance of outrunning these zombies, especially on single-track trails.  The zoms may be fast, but they're not smart or coordinated, and they often trample over each other and take each other out.

Cindy

Little sis is having a hard time getting motivated this month, and so zombies are all over me (except that I can be quiet and move around in the dark!)  Scott and I didn't get back into our house to stay due to the septic problems until Saturday.  So I did have another week of lots of stairs...still some leg strengthening!  

This Week

Next up:  Zombieland, a fun take on zombies!



2 comments:

  1. Train to Busan zoms are fast, vicious but really dumb! There are a couple of really easy to fake them out. But like any good half marathon, you don't have to win the race, you just have to be faster than the sweeper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! These zoms seem to just bite & move on, though. They don't stay to eat. So I'd like a little more space between me & that sweeper, just in case. :)

      Delete